Monday, December 8, 2008

The Incredibles


I recently watched the animated Pixar film, "The Incredibles." After recently learning the basics of creating a simple animation, I found this film to be more astounding that the other times I had watched it before. My character developing for my short animation didn't involve too much time because I was really only thinking about 2D. For the computer animated film, they often use a 3D animation technique. I found this image, and was amazed as to how many creative people they must have involved in the making of a full length computer animated movie. They not only have 2D sketches but also make small sculptors of characters to see how they will look in 3D. They employee over 700 people. They range from sculptors, designers, 3D computer artists, to executives and janitors. 

No comments: