Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Digital Self Portrait


After nearly completing my Introduction to Digital Media class, looking back I can say that my one of my favorite pieces was one that I completed in Photoshop. My digital self portrait, was the first project we had in Photoshop. I had some experience with Photoshop, but originally took that class to improve upon those skills. I may of been somewhat blind before to not knowing the full extent of that amazing program, and even now I still feel like there is so much more that I can still learn. 

When creating my self portrait, I wanted it to mostly be black and white. I wanted to use the color in a subtle matter, to accent certain parts of images. I took many photos with imagery that may be recognizable to many viewers, and wanted to make them unrecognizable.  I tried to make my eyes the main focus, by repeating them twice. Once on the portrait of my face, and then again in the background but more subtly. I didn't want the second set of eyes to take away from the first. I think my self portrait is successful because I wanted it to come off strong and bold, but subtle at the same time. These characteristics are ones I also share, shy and quite sometimes, and other times opinionated and bold. 


No comments: